Thursday, February 4, 2010

Community Service in Biasong, Tabogon


The community service in Biasong Tabogon was one of the most exciting and memorable events that happened this year. Since the class seldom bond, it was also a chance for us to spend time with each other. I felt very blessed and fulfilled to be a part of the community service and be able to help our brothers and sisters in the Lord. I never imagined that there are still people living in that kind of place – the road was narrow, the place was far, and the access to needs are difficult.

About the walking, although it was uphill and was raining, it did not stop me from moving on. Even though the path was very slippery and I slipped, I still pressed on. Patience and control of emotions were the lessons I learned during the long walk. There are times in our life that we would blowup because of the circumstances that we are into but it is us who will decide on how we will react on things. It is either we will take it positively or the other way around.

Johnny Murphy Memorial Church is the evidence that the people living in that vicinity had known Jesus for a very long time already. The said church had to be repaired so that it will look attractive and it would be preserved. The painting segment was also enjoyable. The whole class had a great time beautifying the church. The class had one goal of making the church look beautiful, attractive and preserving the church as well.

The people in the said area were very hospitable. They were very receptive, welcomed us, and helped us with our needs too. Likewise, they prepared a very tasty lunch and snacks which we shared with one another. The experience regarding their traditional “galingan” was also unforgettable. It was an old milling equipment used to mill corn grits. In as much as these tools are obsolete, it was the reason why I wanted to try using it.

Overall, the Tabogon community service was very productive and worthwhile. It was an expedition that I would not forget, an experience worth remembering and reminiscing. As I continue to explore life, I will truthfully keep this memory in my heart so that when time comes that I would look back my past, I will be able to see how this event helped and changed my perspective in life. Glory to God for all these things!

No comments:

Post a Comment